FAE Batman and Superman

Creating characters for FATE Accelerated Edition (FAE) is pretty damn fun.  Here's everybody's favorite superhero and that guy who's in that movie that just came out.

BATMAN*

High Concept:  “I… AM… BATMAN!”
Trouble: “I made a promise on the grave of my parents…”
Aspect 1: “Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot…”
Aspect 2: “The world’s greatest detective.”
Aspect 3: “Where does he get those wonderful toys?”

Forceful: +3
Clever: +2
Sneaky: +2
Flashy: +1
Careful: +1
Quick: +0

Refresh: 3

Stunt 1: Because “I am the night!,” I get a +2 when I Sneakily Attack mooks. 
Stunt 2: Because I am secretly billionaire philanthropist Bruce Wayne, I get a +2 when I Carefully Create an Advantage using my wealth.
Stunt 3: Because I am a ninja in a Dracula costume, once per session I can exit the scene without anyone seeing me leave.


SUPERMAN

High Concept: “It’s SUPERMAN!”
Trouble: “Strange visitor from another planet…”
Aspect 1: “Faster than a speeding bullet…”
Aspect 2: “Stronger than a locomotive…”
Aspect 3: “Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound…”

Forceful: +3
Careful: +2
Quick: +2
Clever: +1
Flashy: +1
Sneaky: +0

Refresh: 3

Stunt 1: Because I am secretly mild-mannered reporter Clark Kent, I get a +2 when I Cleverly Create an Advantage using my journalistic skills. 
Stunt 2: Because I am an alien Christ-figure, I get a +2 when I Forcefully Defend innocent bystanders.
Stunt 3: Because I am the original superhero, I get a +2 when I Forcefully Attack a super-strong villain.

*I was going to be super-clever and use only “Batman: The Animated Series” quotes for aspects, but that was taking way too long to look up so I just grabbed quotes from memory.

Comments

Popular Posts