Making My Marchland Unseelie Court

As mentioned a couple of posts ago, the actual Marchland book separates the European fae-blooded into seasonal courts, not Seelie and Unseelie. This was also the set-up in Dark Ages Fae and I couldn’t wrap it around my brain there either. It’s just too many factions and I can’t really be bothered with that for a duet game, so I’m making up my own Seelie and Unseelie courts. I can’t remember any of the NPCs from the actual Marchland except for Lilly Barnes and that weirdo Theo, so these are all my own goofy invention.

Erik Alderman
High Concept: King of the Unseelie Court of Brighton Bay
Trouble: All the gods-damned humans
Aspect 1: Hard-bitten survivor of four hundred years of war and politics
Aspect 2: Not all trolls are stupid and ugly
Aspect 3: Casual cruelty

Careful: +1
Clever: +3
Flashy: +2
Forceful: +4
Quick: +2
Sneaky: +3

Stunt 1: Because I am smarter and less savage than the average troll, once per session I can act first in combat when I unleash my true savage nature.
Stunt 2: Because I wield the Power of Midwinter, I get a +2 when I Flashily Attack servants of the light.
Stunt 3: Because I am a master of illusion and darkness, I get a +2 when I Sneakily Create Advantages in surroundings unfamiliar to my foes.

Briana “Harsh’naghk” Tomlin
High Concept: Red Knight of the Unseelie Court of Brighton Bay
Trouble: “This is the most awesome LARP evah!!!”
Aspect 1: Don’t tell her orcs aren’t “real” legendary beings
Aspect 2: Player-killer
Aspect 3: Proud of her scars

Careful: +0
Clever: +1
Flashy: +2
Forceful: +3
Quick: +2
Sneaky: +1

Stunt 1: Because I think it’s all a game, I get a +2 when I Flashily Attack using a fantasy weapon like a bat’leth or “Krull”-style glaive.
Stunt 2: Because I don’t think I can die, I get a +2 to Forcefully Attack supernatural mooks (but not normal humans because they’re real).
Stunt 3: Because I need my delusions shielded in order to be effective for the Unseelie, the king has assigned a gang of goblins to fight by my side and feed my fantasies.

Jeff Albertson
High Concept: Seneschal of the Unseelie Court of Brighton Bay
Trouble: Can’t go two sentences without sarcasm
Aspect 1: Literal internet troll
Aspect 2: Won’t take your crap
Aspect 3: Knows where the bodies are buried

Careful: +2
Clever: +3
Flashy: +1
Forceful: +2
Quick: +0
Sneaky: +1

Stunt 1: Because I am a computer genius, I get a +2 when I Cleverly Create Advantages using my hacking skills.
Stunt 2: Because I’m a bully, I get a +2 when I Forcefully Attack anyone smaller than me.
Stunt 3: Because the whole world is wired, once per session I can get anywhere someone answers her smartphone.


(Yes, there's two trolls, but they're meant to deliberately contrast with each other.)

Comments

Popular Posts