I really, really need to switch to one of the other projects I’m really supposed to be working on – but I’ve managed to do a blog entry nearly every day this week and it seems weird to stop before completing my favorite foes of Godzilla .
Veteran Cosmic Kaiju Wild Card
The extraterrestrial cyborg dinosaur called Gigan is widely recognized as one of the most dangerous and vicious kaiju in existence – which is undoubtedly why several alien races have utilized it in attempts to take over the Earth. Seemingly more cunning than many giant monsters, the vicious Gigan also has a streak of cowardice unseen in most kaiju.
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d6, Spirit d6, Strength d12+13, Vigor d12
Skills: Fighting d12, Intimidation d6, Taunt d8
Charisma: -8; Pace: 24 (Flying 96); Parry: 8; Toughness: 41 (20)
Hindrances: Bloodthirsty [Major], Yellow [Major], Illiterate [Minor; unable to communicate through speech or writing with humans], Vengeful [Minor]
Edges: Arcane Background [Super Powers], Ambidextrous, Extraction, No Mercy, Team Player, Two-Fisted
- Armor (5): Heavy Armor
- Attack, Melee (20): clawed forearms; 5d6 + d12 + 13; Armor Piercing 10, Focus, Heavy Weapon, Multiple Attacks
- Attack, Ranged (22): cluster light beam; 6d10; Armor Piercing 10, Cone, Enhanced Damage, Heavy Weapon, Switchable*
- Attack, Ranged (22): flamethrower; 6d10; Armor Piercing 10, Cone, Enhanced Damage, Heavy Weapon, Switchable*
- Construct (8)
- Damage Field (22): ventral saw; 5d10; Armor Piercing 10, Enhanced Damage, Heavy Weapon, Limitation (only affects targets that Gigan has Grappled), Switchable
- Flight (10): Pace 96, -2 Attack Penalty
- Growth (12): +4 Size (Size 15)
- Toughness (8)
- Gargantuan Being Package: fear (Scary, Terror, Limitation: non-kaiju only), size (+11, Heavy Armor, Heavy Weapons, Long Stride, Monster
*While not seen in the original Showa films, these are considered to be canonical powers. The cluster light beam appeared in Godzilla: Final Wars (2004)
Legendary Cosmic Kaiju Wild Card
This three-headed, two-tailed space dragon may be the most infamous of all of Godzilla’s foes. Repeatedly used by alien civilizations in attempts to conquer the Earth, King Ghidorah is also reputed to have destroyed several worlds out of its own malice – including killing off the dinosaurs in the Cretaceous Period!
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4, Spirit d8, Strength d12+14, Vigor d12
Skills: Fighting d10, Intimidation d6, Shooting d12
Charisma: -4; Pace: 16 (Fly 96); Parry: 7; Toughness: 45 (10)
Hindrances: Monologuer [Major; screeches for a round instead of taking actions], Lame [Major; King Ghidorah is very clumsy on the ground], Illiterate [Minor; unable to communicate through speech or writing with humans], Stubborn
Edges: Arcane Background [Super Powers], Ambidextrous, Brawny, Combat Reflexes, Dead Shot, Hard to Kill/Harder to Kill, Mighty Blow, Nerves of Steel/Improved Nerves of Steel, Take the Hit, Two-Fisted
- Armor (5): Heavy Armor
- Attack, Melee (15): Str+2d6+d12+10; Armor Piercing 10, Focus, Heavy Weapon, Multiple Attacks, Reach
- Attack, Ranged (25): gravity beams; 5d10; Armor Piercing 8, Enhanced Damage, Focus, Heavy Weapon, Rate of Fire (3 attacks)
- Extra Limbs (4): multiple heads; Reach +1*
- Flight (10): 4 x Pace, Switchable, -1 Attack Penalty
- Growth (16): +6 Size (Size 16)
- Toughness (10)
- Gargantuan Being Package: fear (Scary, Terror, Limitation: non-kaiju only), size (+11, Heavy Armor, Heavy Weapons, Long Stride, Monster)
*Combined with the Ambidextrous and Two-Fisted Edges, King Ghidorah can attack with all three heads in one round.
NOTE: Both Gigan and King Ghidorah have been shown to be capable of traversing interstellar space at fast than light speeds. Doing so, however, requires them to hibernate in mineral chrysalises frequently mistaken for asteroids. As the space monsters are incapable of interacting with opponents while hibernating, no stats have been provided for these forms.
EDIT: After playtesting some monster battles, I've discovered that 50+ Toughness is way too freakin' high. It becomes almost impossible for the monsters to hurt each other, even with Armor Piercing attacks. I've therefore dropped all the kaijus' armor values and redirected those points.